Join Our Team
Open Job Position:
PARU Tea Store Associate
Who We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented PARU Tea Store Associate to join our team. This is a part-time position with a schedule ranging from 12–16 hours per week, although this may increase during our peak periods. Weekend and holiday availability (excluding Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day) are a must.
Training is provided but the ideal candidate will have at least a year working with tea in a personal and/or professional capacity, and a desire to educate the community about the beauty and benefits of high-quality tea.
The Tea Associate will fulfill any other duties assigned by the Assistant Manager and Founder in a professional manner.
Interested candidates are required to submit a cover letter and resume here or to hello[@]paruteabar.com with responses to the following:
- Your interest and experience in tea, or a related field
- What customer service means to you
- Your favorite tea (or beverage) and why
- Any key differentiators
Candidates without a cover letter and resume will not be considered.
Launched in May 2017, Paru is a modern San Diego tea company operating in-store and online. We use organic, high-grade ingredients harvested during peak season but we believe quality tea is more than that. We aim for an experience combining aesthetics and creativity with small business owners and local artists. You'll be joining our tea-m at our flagship store in San Diego.
GROWTH. We believe in the individual and collective success of our team members.
COMMUNITY. We build authentic relationships with our partners, clients, and patrons.
WELLNESS. We embrace mindful living with and throughout the community.
CREATIVITY. We enjoy creative twists on tradition.
- Safely and correctly prepares and handles tea
- Sells and serves products to customers in a warm, professional manner
- Responds to all customer comments, questions, and complaints in accordance with expectations set by the company
- Answers inquiries in a courteous and friendly manner including but not limited to giving store greeting and receiving and filling customer orders (in shop, at on-site events, and via email)
- Answers customer questions regarding products, service or environment in a courteous and friendly manner
- Restocks shelves when necessary
- Routinely prepares and cleans the shop according to opening and closing checklist
- Follows brand guidelines in environment and takes ownership in the store cleanliness
- Assists in the distribution of weekly shipments
- Reports potential safety hazards to management
- Informs management of potential process improvements
- Ensures that all customers are educated on our products and services
- Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards
- Follows all drink recipes and procedures as outlined by the company
- Assists in maintaining a clean, well-merchandised store
- Assists in following visual presentation plans and standards
- Ability to work in our San Diego shop
- Ability to walk, sit, and stand for long periods of time
- Weekend and holiday availability
- Runs errands, when needed
- Works special events, as needed
- Maintains positive company morale
- Reliable form of transportation to shop and special events
- Regularly required to lift and / or move items up to 25 pounds
- Regularly required to handle hot beverages
- Experience in retail / specialty store or food establishment preferred
- Experience in communications, education, and/or marketing a plus
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Well organized and detail oriented
- POS/register and cash handling experience
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
Paru Tea Bar is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to celebrating diversity within our teams. We encourage inclusive environments for all, where we respect and empower individuals.
To keep our tea associates and patrons as safe as possible, we have implemented new sanitation guidelines that you will be trained on upon hire.