Join Our Team
Open Position: Paru Tea Store Associate
There's no "tea" without team! The success of our company starts with you.
Launched in May 2017, Paru is a modern San Diego tea company. We use organic, high-grade ingredients harvested during peak season, but we believe quality tea is more than that. We aim for an experience combining aesthetic beauty with the community of small business and local art. This summer, we are opening our flagship store at 3034 Canon St. San Diego, California 92106.
GROWTH. We believe in the individual and collective success of our team members.
COMMUNITY. We build authentic relationships with our partners, clients, and patrons.
WELLNESS. We embrace mindful living with and throughout the community.
CREATIVITY. We enjoy creative twists on tradition.
What We Are Looking For:
Paru Tea Bar is seeking a Store Associate, who will be responsible for exceptional customer service. They will also be expected to educate customers about our teas and tea blends (training provided). The Store Associate will fulfill any other duties assigned by the Founder and Marketing Community Manager in a professional manner. This is currently a part-time position (12+ hours per week).
- Safely and correctly prepares and handles tea
- Sells and serves products to customers in a warm, professional manner
- Responds to all customer comments, questions, and complaints in accordance with expectations set by the founder
- Answers inquiries in a courteous and friendly manner including but not limited to giving store greeting and receiving and filling customer orders (in shop, at on-site events, and via email)
- Answers customer questions regarding products, service or environment in a courteous and friendly manner
- Restocks shelves when necessary
- Routinely prepares and cleans the shop according to opening and closing checklist
- Follows brand guidelines in environment and takes ownership in the store cleanliness
- Assists in the distribution of weekly shipments
- Reports potential safety hazards to the founder
- Informs the founders of potential process improvements
- Ensures that all customers are educated on our products and services
- Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards
- Follows all drink recipes and procedures as outlined by the company
- Assists in maintaining a clean, well-merchandised store
- Assists in following visual presentation plans and standards
- Ability to work in our San Diego shop
- Weekend availability
- Runs errands, when needed
- Works special events, as needed
- Maintains positive company morale
- Reliable form of transportation to shop and special events
- Regularly required to lift and / or move items up to 25 pounds
- Regularly required to handle hot beverages
- Experience in retail / specialty store or food establishment preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Register and cash handling experience
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
Paru Tea Bar is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to celebrating diversity within our teams. We encourage inclusive environments for all, where we respect and empower individuals.
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to team[@]paruteabar.com with responses to the following: your background experience and how it pertains to the role, your favorite tea (or beverage) and why, and your key differentiator.