Private Mother's Day Tasting at Bow Hall, PARU La JollaCelebrate Mother's Day with a curated, floral tea tasting.
Cost:$150.00 per person
About this experience
This experience is accomodating for tea drinkers at all levels. PARU Founder Amy Truong will guide you through this themed tasting with careful preparation of the following teas to create a memorable experience for Mother's Day:
- Special Mother's Day blend (TBD)
- Ingat (herbal) - Translating to "take care" or "be careful" in Tagalog, this floral tisane contains ginger root and dried kumquat that make it reminiscent of salabat – a traditional Filipino herbal tea, with a touch of old-fashioned lemon drops.
- Hanadoki (green tea blend) - PARU's original blend of dried cherry blossoms, rose petals and sencha (sun-grown green tea) from the PARU tea estate in Nara, Japan.
- Earl Grey Lavender (black tea blend) - A classic afternoon tea blend made of Ceylon tea from Sri Lanka with hints of citrus and lavender flowers.
Select requests may be accomodated (please add them in the Notes section).
Each private tea tasting reservation is a flat rate of $150 total and will be due at booking. This fee accommodates up to four (4) individuals, and the session lasts approximately 45 minutes. Please reach out to us at email@example.com for options for larger groups.
If you have any requests, please let us know in advance so that we can prepare for your visit.
Due to COVID-19, we are making the following changes until further notice:
- We will be pausing communal tastings and hosting only private tastings. We will update this page once we are able to resume communal tea tastings.
- All tastings are by appointment only and held at our La Jolla shop.
Our private tastings will continue to be intimate, educational experiences featuring a seasonal selection of teas for guests to discuss and taste.
Changes to Your Reservation
Please contact us at (858) 750-3888 or send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org for adjustments and cancellations, honored up to 1 day before the reserved date.
Honoring a Digital-Free Zone
During the tasting, we recommend keeping Bow Hall a digital-free zone. There will be time following the tea tasting for guests to take pictures if desired.
Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
All staff members will keep properly fitted face coverings on unless actively sipping.
Amy Truong earned a B.A. in International Studies, studied at Meiji Gakuin University in Yokohama, and worked a decade in food, wellness, and operations management before founding PARU in 2017.