- Tea type: sheng, or raw, pu'er tea; compressed
- Tasting notes: smoky, light fruit, forest
- Origin: Tây Côn Lĩnh, Hà Giang, Vietnam
- Cultivar: Shan Tuyết; 1 bud and three leaves
- Artisan: Lau
- Harvest Date: March 2022
- Weight: 150g / 5.3 oz
Ingredients: fermented tea
Caffeine level: moderate
Vietnamese tea farmer Lau comes from a family of tea farmers, most of whom live and work in Fujian, China, where they first learned their techniques. Lau lives in the mountains for easy access to ancient tea trees and ginseng. Similar to our team at PARU, he is passionate about resourcefulness and experimentation, which often results in new ways to enjoy traditional teas.
- Daily Gaiwan or Yixing Teapot
- Glass Fairness Cup (Gong Dao Bei)
- Copper Tea Strainer
- Tea Tray
- Spaded Tea Knife or Rosewood Tea Knife
How to Brew
Gongfu Style: Add 4–5 grams of leaves per 6 ounces of heated water (90°C) to gaiwan or yixing teapot. After a brief rinse, steep for 5 – 15 seconds (up to 1 min for following steeps).
Teapot: Add 5 grams of leaves per 6 ounces of heated water (100°C). After a brief rinse, steep for up to 2 minutes.
This is a 5-year anniversary item. View the whole collection here.