Only 75 made. A lightweight, easy-to-use gaiwan made in celebration of PARU's 5-year anniversary. Great for solo brewing sessions.
- 1 x gaiwan featuring our 5-year symbol (130 ml)
- 2 x individual teacups (42 – 45 ml)
- Features the PARU seal at the base
Artisan: Master Wu Weidong, Chao'an, Chaozhou City
How to Brew
- Pre-heat gaiwan and tasting cup(s) with spring or filtered hot water, then discard.
- Add tea leaves to gaiwan. Rinse with hot water, if needed (oolong and dark teas).
- Cover with lid, then steep.
- Adjust lid until there is a slight opening.
- Carefully lift the gaiwan and pour liquor through strainer and into a gong dao bei (fairness cup) before serving.
Care: Rinse with hot water between uses.
Material: Bone porcelain
Made in China
The thin Bone China and slight raise on the fan patterning is pleasant to the touch. The lip is pronounced, size fits well in my small-to-medium hand, and lid motion is smooth, all aiding in a smooth and clean pour.
The bottom of the gaiwan does stain slightly if not wiped soon following use.
Overall, very cute and satisfying piece. Can show off to friends, as well