HOW TO MAKE A LONDON GIN (TEA COCKTAIL SERIES)
Enjoy making a tea cocktail at home! Tea is often used in cocktails to give a boost in flavoring without overpowering your drink. Today, we’re making an earl grey inspired cocktail by using PARU London Grey loose leaf tea, which is our version of a classic earl grey tea and tiki gin with tropical notes of pineapple and tangerine from amazing local San Diego Distiller, @sevencaves
You will need:
- 1/4 cup Earl Grey (we’re using our London Grey blend)
- 1/2 cup gin (we’re using Tiki Gin from Seven Caves)
- .5 tsp squeeze lemon, save a lemon wedge for garnish
- PARU lavender sugar for the rim
- lavender sprig for garnish
- Tonic / Soda water (optional)
- Pour earl grey loose leaf into a cup and pour gin over. Let infuse for at least 30 minutes. You can also keep the infusion for 2-3 hours and then strain loose leaf tea.
- Strain earl grey loose leaf infused gin into a cocktail shaker.
- Squeeze lemon into cocktail shaker and put ice in. Shake tin until outside is frosted and cool to touch.
- Put lemon wedge around glass to coat and put lavender sugar on the rim of the cup.
- Use strainer to pour liquid from the cocktail shaker into glass over ice.
- Top off with tonic or soda water. Garnish with lavender sprig and enjoy!